LiveZilla Live Chat Software
RCM - Resellerclub Mods

Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Cross registrar usage - how to?

Cross registrar usage - how to? 2 years 8 months ago #388

Hello,

In 'Setup TLD and Import/Update selling prices' I have noticed that it is not possible to set, say, double .COM (twice). That is good, to avoid confusion.

But, if I want to use .COM from registrar Y during some time and then from registrar X, and then again from registrar Y - how will that implicate on renewal prices and DNS management? If those registrars have a different registration and renewal prices.

In 'Setup >> Product/Services >> Domain Pricing >> I can manually set 2 different .COM TLDs fields, one for registrar Y and second for registrar X.

Is that best way to go? Please suggest.

Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cross registrar usage - how to? 2 years 8 months ago #389

• Marco
Hi,

Configure two times the same tld is not good idea. And indeed, I'm surprised that this was possible. This should be avoided. Most probably you will have the tld twice in the domainchecker pricelist and twice in the shopping cart dropdown. Further, not really sure how the whmcs core will handle the duplicated tlds.

Regarding DNS Management and any other related domain tasks with multiple domain registrars: Fully compatbile, you will not have any problems. But not sure how this will work with duplicated tlds.

Regards,
Marco
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperRCMods

Cross registrar usage - how to? 2 years 8 months ago #390

Marco wrote:
Hi,
Most probably you will have the tld twice in the domainchecker pricelist and twice in the shopping cart dropdown. Further, not really sure how the whmcs core will handle the duplicated tlds.
Marco

I'll never use them at he same time. If using TLD from registrar Y, then I set registrar X to 'None' in 'Setup >> Product/Services >> Domain Pricing' panel. So it doesn't returns any issues.

I was just wondering if RC Free Tools have any incompatibility with such setup?

Cheers.

Cross registrar usage - how to? 2 years 8 months ago #391

• Marco
SuperRCMods wrote:
I was just wondering if RC Free Tools have any incompatibility with such setup?

Well, honestly I never tried such setup and I guess it will not work with the tld pricing import tool or the promo tool. A tld is unique and should be unique in whmcs.

Also not sure how would that work with renewals when you change an active tld from Registrar Y to X.

I really do not recommend that. You may also ask WHMCS if this is supported.

Regards,
Marco
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperRCMods

Cross registrar usage - how to? 2 years 8 months ago #392

Marco wrote:

I really do not recommend that. You may also ask WHMCS if this is supported.

Regards,
Marco
You're right, I will not use such setup, thanks for clarifying this!

Regards.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Latest Tweets

More Tweets from resmods

Latest News

Black Friday and Important News!

Black Friday is coming and will start tonight! Don't miss it and get the best possible discount on our complete Portfolio!
Read more...

About Us

Who we are, what we do and everything else about Resellerclub Mods, a gIF Business Project: