LiveZilla Live Chat Software
RCM - Resellerclub Mods

Welcome, Guest
Suggestions & Feedbacks

TOPIC: Can this Be Down, ResellerClub Services, Own Server & DNS setup Automatically

Can this Be Down, ResellerClub Services, Own Server & DNS setup Automatically 4 years 6 months ago #191

• Roy
Before I fully explain my ideas and could it be done, let me explain how I have my WHMCS currently set up.
I DO sell ResellerClub domain names, email only service, and web hosting.

But I also resell for another company their CloudMail service.

And I also have my own web servers I sell web hosting on them as well.

In a perfect world I would like to have my ResellerClub Name Servers be controlling for all my services but that does require manual set up for my web hosting and the CloudMail service if I do. Of course thats no problem with ResellerClub services I offer.

Here is what I must do (or the client, but most of my clients don't know what they are doing) if I us the default ResellerClub Name Servers, which I think are better Name Servers than my own. If want to use the default ResellerClub name servers, I must go into ResellerClub DNS Management and make the needed changes. For instance I must create
A records to point to my server (which are always the same)
I must set up MX records so mail will be delivered to clients account to our servers.
And per the Server or Service those are pretty much the same.

Would it be possible to program some automation when a web hosting account is set up (set up on my servers NOT the ResellersClub hosting), to use my default ResellerClub name servers and have a script to run that will automatically set the correct A records and MX records for the new hosting account? I guess this would be based strictly on "Servers" as set up in WHMCS. But would something like that be possible to create into the ResellerClub Mods, if so that would ROCK!

Of course we would want it to be secure.

Any thoughts on this any one else could use something like this?

Roy
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Roy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can this Be Down, ResellerClub Services, Own Server & DNS setup Automatically 4 years 6 months ago #194

• Marco
Hi Roy,

Your needs are particular. However it is possible what you are requesting but only with a custom addon/script for you:
Would it be possible to program some automation when a web hosting account is set up (set up on my servers NOT the ResellersClub hosting), to use my default ResellerClub name servers ...

I guess you have set up your fully branded name servers in your ResellerClub account -> Settings -> Branding Settings -> Name Servers -> "Edit your default Name Servers for Domain Registration".
... and have a script to run that will automatically set the correct A records and MX records for the new hosting account?

This would be necessary:

1. An addon which specifies the hosting product that should have this DNS setup. May also some input fields where you can set/change the DNS records for the setup. Why an Addon? To avoid hardcoding and be flexible when it comes to make changes (hosting product, dns records, etc.)

2. A hook file which does the job once created the hosting product docs.whmcs.com/Hooks:Products Services#AfterModuleCreate

Regards,
Marco
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds

Latest Tweets

More Tweets from resmods

Latest News

Black Friday and Important News!

Black Friday is coming and will start tonight! Don't miss it and get the best possible discount on our complete Portfolio!
Read more...

About Us

Who we are, what we do and everything else about Resellerclub Mods, a gIF Business Project: