LiveZilla Live Chat Software
RCM - Resellerclub Mods

Welcome, Guest
Suggestions & Feedbacks

TOPIC: When a Domain Has Expired Need to Show this Status in Clients Side

When a Domain Has Expired Need to Show this Status in Clients Side 2 years 10 months ago #362

• Roy
Here is the on going problem with WHMCS in managing domain names and its starting to really clutter up some of my clients accounts.

I am seeing in the WHMCS Admin > Client Domains > at Domain Info > Current Status: "Pending Delete Restorable"
I like that as it tells me at what stage of the process the clients domain is in.

BUT when I login "as client" and go to Domains > My Domains > Manage for the specified domain, no where does it tell the client he can not renew at normal rates. And if there is an outstanding invoice for the normal domain name renewal, the client just says well I need to pay to renew my domain.

Since We can see the status of a domain name in the clients Domain tab as shown below:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Now that information is being supplied via the API lets add it to the Client Side Template some way. In a perfect world here is what I imagine. Its rough, but it provides the client/customer the needed information to make a decision as if they wish to renew their domain or spend the extra $$$ if the domain has gone to Pending Delete Restorable period.

Now in the Image below, Image 2 That is the Domains > My Domains page and adding the Pending Delete Restorable some place on that page would notify the client of the real status, where as it is now it will just say Active which isn't really the truth and provides for a BAD experience for the client.

In the next Image that is the Domains > My Domains > Manage Domain page. And it provides the details as to WHAT Pending Delete Restorable is and it will also allow the client to see the price that the Restorable cost will be and how long they have to make this choice, all this information is already in ResellersClub, just a matter of getting it here on this page.

I also think it is VITAL that there is a definition of what each phase, like when the domain expires it should show Redemption Grace period, show how long they have to renew the domain name until it slips into Redemption Delete Restorable period.

Adding this kind of information will only enhance our clients experience and show we care and keep the questions to a minimum and clients will not have any surprises.

So would this be possible to do?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marco

When a Domain Has Expired Need to Show this Status in Clients Side 2 years 8 months ago #384

I am also interested to know if this is possible, and how it can be achieved?

When a Domain Has Expired Need to Show this Status in Clients Side 2 years 8 months ago #385

• Marco
Hi Roy,

I really like how you expose problems! :)

The biggest problem here are the limited domain status labels available in WHMCS. A few developers have requested to WHMCS via forum to extend this dropdown with more status labels, such as "suspended", "pending restorable", etc. etc. With that, we could do whatever we need. But up to date no update from WHMCS:

forum.whmcs.com/show...main-status-needed#4

However, your detailled explanations have activated some of my overwhelmed neurons ;) I will check what we can do to improve without the need of an update from WHMCS.

Thanks for your efforts Roy.

Regards,
Marco
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy, Markus

When a Domain Has Expired Need to Show this Status in Clients Side 2 years 8 months ago #386

• Roy
Marco, I can think these things out, my strong point isn't programming. So I like Team Work :)

I totally agree about WHMCS needing the additional Status Labels. That seems to be so elementary, especially if they are not "tied to anything". Hopefully they add at least the basic drop downs so that those that know how to make this work for their specific needs can take advantage of it.

Thanks for all you do Marco!
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Roy.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Latest Tweets

More Tweets from resmods

Latest News

Black Friday and Important News!

Black Friday is coming and will start tonight! Don't miss it and get the best possible discount on our complete Portfolio!
Read more...

About Us

Who we are, what we do and everything else about Resellerclub Mods, a gIF Business Project: