LiveZilla Live Chat Software
RCM - Resellerclub Mods

Welcome, Guest
Suggestions & Feedbacks

TOPIC: Display Lower Pricing for Domains based on Number of Yrs Registered

Display Lower Pricing for Domains based on Number of Yrs Registered 2 years 7 months ago #397

• Roy
I have had a look at this thread "Domain price Lists Outside of WHMCS" and that is good info to know. I think this idea could expand on that idea as well.

The problem I am having is clients are asking me if I give any kind of discount off domains based on the number of years they register the domain.
Right now, for my .com domains I have a higher price for 1 year registration, but lower the "per year" price based on the number of years they register. Make sense?
If not here is an example. Lets say I charge (which I don't) $40 for the first year for registering a domain, but every year after that I charge say, $10 a year.

Under the present way the pricing is shown the client only knows I charge $40 a year, and doesn't know about the multi year discount.

Not sure, for sure, a way to achieve my idea. Maybe one way would to click on the TLD or price the per year pricing will expand..... kind of like a toggle and when you click on the .tld or price it will collapse or if you click on another tld it will close the previous tld expanded pricing.

Of course if you didn't give a discount for the number of years its registered you can have a tick (check) box, that says "Multi Year Pricing Toggle" with it box ticked (checked) it would allow the site visitor to view more than one year price for the domain.

I would like to hear from others what you think of this idea.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Display Lower Pricing for Domains based on Number of Yrs Registered 2 years 7 months ago #406

Hello,

Well I have setup the years with the reduced fees then it shows the YR and Price in a drop down. Check it out for yourself xtreme-hosting.com Now I do have many customized things going on but it's still the same with the default cart setup.

Display Lower Pricing for Domains based on Number of Yrs Registered 2 years 5 months ago #468

• Roy
Hey xtremehosting, I am a little late on this, but I took a look at this page www.xtreme-hosting.c...r-solutions/domains/ and all I am seeing is static pricing for your domains under Current Domain Prices. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Display Lower Pricing for Domains based on Number of Yrs Registered 2 years 5 months ago #469

Hello Roy,

That is really not a static page its being pulled from WHMCS domain price list. After the 1st the new sale prices will come in and it will be reflected here as well. I don't have to touch this page at all and if my price changes it's updated here. Hope this helps.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by xtremehosting.

Display Lower Pricing for Domains based on Number of Yrs Registered 2 years 5 months ago #471

• Roy
Hey Extreme, ok, thanks. I basically have the same thing. What ultimately I would like to see is the pricing set for multi year renewal. For instance, using a "toggle" technology where, lets say all the 1 year registration prices are listed, but if I click the tld it will expand and show the pricing for multi years.

The real catch is showing the actuall PER YEAR price not the total year price or both would be good. So I will attempt to show in this past.

.net $12.49
<I click the .net tld or the price and it expands and shows what I have listed below>
1 Year | $12.49
2 Years | $11.79 ($24.28)
3 Years | $11.79 ($36.07)

(in the above example I just added year 1 + year 2 and then year 3 etc.

But what I didn't show is, if you purchase say for 5 years (using my pricing above, ALL years would be at the reduced rate)

and so forth and so on.
Now if you do not have all years filled out it would show only the year options you have listed in WHMCS. Like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 for an example.

Hope that makes sense.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Roy.

Display Lower Pricing for Domains based on Number of Yrs Registered 2 years 5 months ago #475

Roy,

Yes, that does. It's a good idea to get them to order extra years.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Latest Tweets

More Tweets from resmods

Latest News

Black Friday and Important News!

Black Friday is coming and will start tonight! Don't miss it and get the best possible discount on our complete Portfolio!
Read more...

About Us

Who we are, what we do and everything else about Resellerclub Mods, a gIF Business Project: