LiveZilla Live Chat Software
RCM - Resellerclub Mods

Bienvenido, Invitado
Suggestions & Feedbacks
  • Página:

TEMA: New Domain Name Registration Landing Page if no Web hosting.

New Domain Name Registration Landing Page if no Web hosting. 3 años 10 meses antes #265

• Roy
I have a suggestion, not unique to me because this has been suggested at ResellerClub many times in the past, still nothing, its been talked about over at the WHMCS forum, but havent seen any solutions.

That idea is when a client orders a new domain name and until he actually starts using it for web hosting (or maybe he is just using it for email hosting only) to create a custom landing page for that domain, that can promote my services etc.

Say something like "The future site of ABC.com" and then have what ever you wanted on the landing page.

The landing page would be the same, maybe have a skeleton and the variable would be the domain name name on the landing page. Really not unlike a place holder page for a new hosting account on a cPanel site or any control does already.

Not sure how to set this up, maybe have something set up on a cpanel server and WHMCS provisions a new Addon of an existing cPanel account (that you assign to this function) and then pulls from a skeleton to display.
It could use the same cPanel Skeleton that is used for new web hosting accounts.

Just a thought, any ideas to doing something like this like GoDaddy.com does when they have a domain name that isn't being used for "A" traffic purposes.
El administrador ha desactivado la escritura pública.

Re: New Domain Name Registration Landing Page if no Web hosting. 3 años 10 meses antes #268

• Marco
This is something we cannot control and must be done at registrar level. However, it is possible to make an addon for that. But it always needs a hosting server and a dns setup to make this working.

Regards,
Marco

Re: New Domain Name Registration Landing Page if no Web hosting. 3 años 10 meses antes #269

• Roy
Marco, lets assume that I set that up space on one of my servers for this function, that's not a problem. I would like for when a domain name expires, or when a new domain name is registered the appropriate name servers will be set, while remembering the old name servers in case of of expiration and then client renews and the old name servers are put back in place.

I don't mind providing the destination target if the software will automatically do that for me without having to worry about it once everything has been set up.

Re: New Domain Name Registration Landing Page if no Web hosting. 3 años 7 meses antes #291

• Roy
Just following up on this, if something could be worked out.

New Domain Name Registration Landing Page if no Web hosting. 3 años 6 meses antes #297

+1 for this mod!

New Domain Name Registration Landing Page if no Web hosting. 2 años 10 meses antes #363

• Roy
While its not scientific, there has been over 1000, views of this, sure 5 or 6 of those views are mine, but I would have to say there is interest in this.

Just throwing an idea out there on how it would work. Keep in mind I am not a programmer, assuming you owned your own servers you could set up your own cPanel Reseller account with unlimited domains and set up one package with minimum storage. When the domain name is registered and if it isn't associated with a web hosting account then this Addon would say OK, I need to set up a hosting account and auto install the single premade html file and set the name servers accordingly.

Of course this wouldn't have to be on cPanel.
  • Página:
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.125 segundos

Últimos Tuits

Más Tuits de resmods

Última Novedad

Viernes Negro y Novedades Importantes!

Viernes Negro viene y comenzará esta noche. ¡No se lo pierda y consigue el mejor descuento posible para nuestro portafolio completo!
Leer más...

Sobre Nosotros

Quienes somos, que hacemos y todo lo demás sobre Resellerclub Mods, un proyecto empresarial de gIF: