LiveZilla Live Chat Software
RCM - Resellerclub Mods

Bienvenido, Invitado
Suggestions & Feedbacks

TEMA: No Action in WHMCS when a Domain Name is Transferred Away to another Register

No Action in WHMCS when a Domain Name is Transferred Away to another Register 3 años 7 meses antes #290

• Roy
Not sure if anyone has an answer for this issue, or if anything can be done. But here is a real pain in the side for me.

While it doesn't happen very often, when someone transfers away their domain to another register, WHMCS does a lousy job of making note of that transfer away. Well it makes NO note of it.

I am still using WHMCS 5.1.3 (haven't upgraded to 5.2.3 yet but plan to in the next 30 days).

The problem is after the domain name is transferred away, the domain name remains in the clients account showing Active. Now, when I pull up the domain name I do get this expected notice:

"Registrar Error
Website doesn't exist for some-domain.com
"

The name servers will not pull up, as expected, but the Status is still showing Active!

We didn't catch this and a client that transferred their domain away was billed for renewal for the domain in our system, and we had the hassle of having to explain and refund the clients money and apologize, which we happily did, as it was our fault. But this doesn't make us look professional.

Is there any type of API from Resellerclub that could let WHMCS know a domain name was transferred away and at least set the domain name to Cancelled? (better solution would to have a choice that said "Transferred Away" and cancel any invoices created for the renewal of that domain, wishful thinking I know)

Like I say this doesn't happen very often and sometimes we don't even know it if we miss the email from ResellerClub that lets us know the domain is being transferred.

Let know your thoughts on this, if there is a solution, or if this is one of those things that will have to be done manually.

Thanks
Roy
El administrador ha desactivado la escritura pública.

No Action in WHMCS when a Domain Name is Transferred Away to another Register 3 años 7 meses antes #292

• Marco
Hi Roy,

I'm completely aware about the described problem. And I can assure you are not the first nor the only one.

With the latest whmcs release I expected to see some improvements for the domain handling, but unfortunately no improvements have been made in that direction.

I will definitely have a look into a feasible solution to implement this into the next FREE Tools update.

Regards,
Marco
Los siguientes usuarios han agradecido: Roy

No Action in WHMCS when a Domain Name is Transferred Away to another Register 3 años 7 meses antes #293

• Roy
Hey Thanks Marco

For anyone reading this, you might go over to requests.whmcs.com/r...tate-transferred-out

And VOTE and leave comment for this feature in an upcoming WHMCS. So for it has 71 Votes and its officially
"Under Consideration "
Tiempo de carga de la página: 0.111 segundos

Últimos Tuits

Más Tuits de resmods

Última Novedad

Viernes Negro y Novedades Importantes!

Viernes Negro viene y comenzará esta noche. ¡No se lo pierda y consigue el mejor descuento posible para nuestro portafolio completo!
Leer más...

Sobre Nosotros

Quienes somos, que hacemos y todo lo demás sobre Resellerclub Mods, un proyecto empresarial de gIF: